HomeCategoriesStore LocatorForumContact usLink Exchange

Bonsai \ Request a bonsai \ First Post
Author Messages Date Posted
GoColtsIndy Greetings,

I have been interested in Bonsai for about 10 years. I have read several books but have never taken the time to set up any formal Bonsai.

I did manage to keep an Elm tree alive in a 2 gallon pot for about 4-5 years; I transplanted a volunteer in a large pot and forgot about it. When I moved (3 years ago), I transplanted the Elm into a large container built into my deck. I was wondering what I should do about trimming the roots and shaping the tree additionally.

The shape it currently has is a result of hard pruning twice a year. The location on my deck will allow the tree to be 4 ft. +/-

Is it fair to say that this tree will not be considered a true bonsai, as it will sit in a large container?

Now that my children are getting a bit older, I should have some time I can devote to propagating some true bonsai.

I live in Indiana, a very well shaded lot.

Thanks in advance for any help.
3/28/2012
7:01:00 AM
JimLewis Indianapolis Bonsai Club. Meets on first Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm. Meetings are held at the Garfield Park Conservatory, 2450 Shelby St., Indianapolis, IN. President Mark Fields 3/28/2012
7:02:00 AM
Login: Username: Password:   
Home | Contact Us | Site Map |